CSL Limited (ASX: CSL) shares lifted Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (INDEXASX: XJO) (ASX: XJO) on Tuesday.
The ASX 200’s gains follow a soft day of trading on Monday and a 1.7% rise in the USA’s Dow Jones overnight.
All Ordinaries: up 0.6% at 5,957 points
ASX 200: up 0.6% at 5,856 points
- Dexus Property Group – up 3.4%
- Pilbara Minerals Ltd (ASX: PLS) – up 9.4%
- Galaxy Resources Limited (ASX: GXY) – up 7.2%
- SG Fleet Group Ltd (ASX: SGF) – down 6.6%
- Fairfax Media Limited (ASX: FXJ) – down 3%
- Boral Limited (ASX: BLD) – down 2%
Shares of Australia’s big four banks ended slightly higher.
Shares of CSL Limited, the $64 billion biopharmaceutical company, rose 1.3% ahead of its expected results release tomorrow. According to Morgans Financial, CSL is expected to report its results tomorrow. According to The Wall Street Journal, analyst consensus rating is “overweight” CSL.
Lithium miners Pilbara Minerals, Galaxy Resources and Orocobre Limited (ASX: ORE) were amongst the ASX’s top performers today. Earlier today lithium miner Pilbara Minerals released a trading update to the ASX. Read more here.
Shares of Boral Limited ended 2% lower today after it reported a 40% jump in half-year revenue to $2.9 billion and a net profit of $173 million, up 13%. The building and construction materials business announced a dividend of 12.5 cents per share.
Also making news this morning SG Fleet Group released its half-year report to the ASX showing a 19% increase in net profit and revenue up 15%.
Join Rask’s Investor Club Newsletter Today
You can join Rask’s FREE investor’s club newsletter today for all of the latest news and education on investing. Join today – it doesn’t cost a thing. BUT, you’ll need a good sense of humour and a willingness to learn.
- Surviving And Profiting From The Market Rout
- Great Things I Read This Week
- The Best Investors Are Dead or Female
- Is Bitcoin Going To Zero?