Last updated: December 1, 2017
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address or other details to help you with your experience. However, at the time this policy was published, we do not allow visitors to create an account on our website.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, provide us with feedback on our products or services, or enter information on our site.
How do I access my personal information?
You can access, correct or update your personal information stored by us at any time by emailing us. Please refer to our “Contact us” page for our contact information. We will endeavour to respond to you within a reasonable period after contact is made.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalise your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To market products or services to you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products.
- To follow up after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
How do we protect your information?
- We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
- We only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers.
- We may use regular Malware Scanning.
Any personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We will implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since the browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some features may be disabled. Doing so may affect your experience by making your site experience less efficient and may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise, transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential (this includes parties which may be located outside Australia). We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users.
We may use Google AdSense Advertising on our website:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
This enables us to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
In-line with the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA), we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
- You can change your personal information:
- By emailing us, and
- By logging into your account (as soon as we provide the ability for users to create accounts)
Does our site allow third-party behavioural tracking?
We allow third-party behavioural tracking.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old. If this changes, we will:
- We will notify you via email
- Within 7 business days
- We will notify the users via in-site notification
- Within 7 business days
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
We also agree to the following:
- To not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the postal address of our headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honour opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.