Today, Nick Scali Limited (ASX: NCK) revealed its financial results for the six month period to 31 December 2017.
Nick Scali was founded in 1962. It sources its furniture products from around the world and imports from some of the most respected global manufacturers. It now claims to be one of Australia’s largest importers of quality furniture.
The results below are comparing against the six month period to 31 December 2016. Here are some of the main points:
- Sales increased by 8.1% to $128 million
- Day to day profit, or EBITDA, increased by 16.7% (what the heck does EBITDA mean?)
- Profit per share increased by 15%
- Dividend per share increased by 14.3%
- Store numbers grew by 6 to 52, including the first in New Zealand located in Auckland
Nick Scali said that sales were good in December but January sales at stores had declined a little. The furniture company is expecting cosy profit growth of between 5% to 10% this year compared to last year. Management expect better growth in future years as they open more stores in Australia and New Zealand.
Got a Passion For Finance and Investing?
You can join Rask’s FREE investor’s club newsletter today for all of the latest analysis and education on investing. Join today – it doesn’t cost a thing. BUT, you’ll need a good sense of humour and a willingness to learn.
- Key Highlights From Magellan’s HY Report
- The Best Investors Are Dead or Female
- Is Bitcoin Going To Zero?