Raised in Canada, Per’s journey started with a role that would become a global position at Canada’s TD bank. He settled in Australia and began to rise to through the ranks of the local banking sector, ending at AMP Limited (ASX: AMP).
Per and ThinkTank took a successful business model of providing lending against commercial property and now allow sophisticated investors to invest in the funds which provide debt/loans to businesses or developers exposed to commercial property.
This is a unique episode in the series thus far since it’s a new asset class for the series.
Topics Per and I talk about include:
- How and why commercial property debt is receiving a lot of investor interest
- How funds like ThinkTank provide exposure for investors at different parts of the capital stack
- The risks involved in commercial debt investing
- COVID-19’s impact on commercial and residential property, as well as retail-specific sectors; and
- The opportunity in industrial property