This morning, SKYCITY Entertainment Group Limited (ASX: SKC) revealed its financial results for the six month period to 31 December 2017.
Skycity is a casino and entertainment provider with complexes in Auckland, Hamilton, Queenstown, Adelaide and Darwin. At some, or all, of these locations it has hotes, restaurants, bars and conference facilities.
The results below are comparing against the six month period to 31 December 2016. Here are some of the main points, the figures are the reported figures not the normalised ones:
- Reported revenue up 4%
- Reported day to day trading, or EBITDA, up 6.8% (what the heck does EBITDA mean?)
- Reported profit up 11.6%
- Reported profit per share up 9.4%
- Dividend unchanged at 10 cents per share
The company said that the key drivers of the performance were modest growth in the New Zealand properties and growth in the international business among other things.
Skycity said it remains on-tract to achieve modest growth in the Group’s EBITDA compared to last year.
Join Rask’s Investor Club Newsletter Today
You can join Rask’s FREE investor’s club newsletter today for all of the latest news and education on investing. Join today – it doesn’t cost a thing. BUT, you’ll need a good sense of humour and a willingness to learn.
- The Best Investors Are Dead or Female
- Is Bitcoin Going To Zero?
- Did NAB Make $1.56 Billion in 3 Months?
- AMP’s Profit Result: What you need to know