The All Ordinaries (INDEXASX: XAO)(ASX: XAO) closed firmly higher on Friday.
- Yancoal Australia Ltd (ASX: YAL) – up 3.8%
- Fortescue Metals Group Limited (ASX: FMG) – up 3.5%
- TPG Telecom Ltd (ASX: TPM) – up 2.7%
- Alumina Limited (ASX: AWC) – up 3.2%
- Afterpay Touch Group Ltd (ASX: APT) – up 4.7%
- Westfield Corp Ltd (ASX: WFD) – down 1.5%
- Crown Resorts Ltd (ASX: CWN) – down 1.1%
- Netwealth Group Ltd (ASX: NWL) – down 5%
- Z Energy Ltd (ASX: ZEL) – down 4%
- Mighty River Power Ltd. (ASX: MCY) – down 3.7%
Further down the market, shares in Lovisa Holdings Limited (ASX: LOV) rallied 17% after posting a trading update and profit forecast. The jewellery fashion retailer said strong Christmas and Boxing Day activity helped lift sales 18.8% for the half-year to 31 December 2017.
CEO Steve Doyle said, “It’s pleasing that the business has been able to maintain the solid start to the year as we continue our global rollout.”
ASX shares in medicinal cannabis companies continued to rally today following the Federal Government’s decision to allow Australian growers to export their product.
Minister Greg Hunt said, “We are making these changes because the expanding domestic medicinal cannabis products industry is facing increasing competition from imports.”
Join Our Free Investing Club Today
Looking to get the latest news and information on investing in Australia? You can join our investing network today by clicking here. It’s free to join.
- Will Mortgage Interest Rates Rise in 2018?
- Australian Cannabis Shares Get High on Government Exports
- 3 Easy Financial Resolutions For a ‘New You’ in 2018
Tweet of the day
Intelligent fanatics create great businesses but idiots can also destroy them. A great business has no defense for idiocy.
— Ian Cassel (@iancassel) January 4, 2018