ResMed Inc. (CHESS) (ASX: RMD) shares led the ALL ORDINARIES (INDEXASX: XAO)(ASX: XAO) index higher on Tuesday to finish in positive territory.
ASX 200 – up 0.8%
All Ords – up 0.7%
Here are the shares which moved the market.
- ResMed Inc. – up 8.4%
- Orica Ltd (ASX: ORI) – up 5.3%
- Treasury Wine Estates Ltd (ASX: TWE) – up 4%
- Domain Holdings Australia Ltd (ASX: DHG) – up 9%
- Cochlear Limited (ASX: COH) – up 1.8%
- Woolworths Limited (ASX: WOW) – down 0.4%
- Fortescue Metals Group Limited (ASX: FMG) – down 1.2%
- QBE Insurance Group Ltd (ASX: QBE) – down 0.6%
- Pact Group Ltd (ASX: PGH) – down 3.7%
- Metcash Limited (ASX: MTS) – down 1.9%
Helping the All Ordinaries positive upwards, all of the major banks ended higher on Tuesday with Australia and New Zealand Banking Group (ASX: ANZ) rising 1.5%.
ResMed Inc. shares jumped following the release of its quarterly results. This morning, ResMed reported revenue growth of 13% for the second quarter of its 2018 financial year. “We had a strong quarter with double-digit revenue and operating profit growth,” ResMed CEO, Mick Farrell, said.
Further down the market and Domain Holdings, owner of the online property portal, bounced back from yesterday’s selloff. Yesterday, Domain’s CEO Antony Catalano quit unexpectedly. Read more here.
Shares of QBE Insurance took a tumble following a steep profit downgrade. In its ASX filing, the general insurance heavyweight said weather events and one-off costs will force it to report a loss of $US1.2 billion.
Finally, shares of Australian Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (ASX: API) fell 6% following a market update on Monday. API is the $750 million owner of chemists like Priceline pharmacies and operator of Soul Pattinson Chemists. Read the update here.
Our Most Popular Stories: