Brett Kelly is the CEO and founder of Kelly Partners Group Holdings Ltd (ASX: KPG). Brett Kelly recently sat down with me — Owen Rask — on The Australian Investors Podcast to share his story, and perspectives on life, business and growth.
In addition to starting and running Kelly Partners, one of Australia’s largest accounting networks, Brett is an avid reader, multiple author, Warren Buffett & Charlie Munger disciple, and somewhat of a polymath.
Here is a list of the questions I asked Brett during our recording:
- If you could have dinner with one living person and you had to choose the restaurant, who would it be and where would you take them?
- What’s one lifestyle hack you wish you knew 20 years ago?
- Did you grow up with an entrepreneurial streak, Brett? Was business and entrepreneurialism part of your childhood?
- How do you, Brett Kelly, think about personal sacrifice and growth?
- What led you to start Kelly+Partners in 2006? How did you know it was the right opportunity for you?
- What makes Kelly Partners so special?
- As you grow, your company may need to make more acquisitions, which may mean more of these decisions get made outside of you. Such as what’s happened with Mark Leonard and his six business units. How will Kelly+Partners deal with those challenges?
- If you hand a new CEO one book, what would it be?
- Can you explain this to me and maybe reflect on the statement for yourself? “The great tension in life is the difference between who we are and who we want to be.”
- If you could teach your child 1 thing about investing, what would it be?
This podcast was recorded in audio version only. You can stream and subscribe The Australian Investors Podcast on your favourite podcast app.
- Kelly Partners Group Holdings (ASX: KPG)
- Berkshire Hathaway Inc (NYSE: BRK)
- Constellation Software Inc (TSE: CSU)
Date recorded: 25th of July 2022