You can find everything you need to know in the Rask investment philosophy. These are the exact steps I follow for myself and for the Rask community who trust us.
- Stick to your circle of competence. Within that, buy greatness, sell mediocrity. Water your flowers, not your weeds.
- Top companies need management teams that have equal parts integrity, talent and energy. Incentives are powerful.
- Moats, matter – a lot. At Rask, we only buy companies that are intensely focused on digging in and widening their moat. If they aren’t doing that then they’re sucking it dry.
- Long-run capital growth is vital. We only buy individual stocks with the expectation that the company is capable of long-term growth in revenue/sales and free cash flow. I think investors underestimate the opportunity for companies to grow fast in the 5-10 year range (because so many companies don’t!).
- Valuation. It’s important but it’s not everything if you invest with a 5-10+ year window. We’d rather get a good price on a great business than a great price on a good business.
Owen Raszkiewicz's latest insights
Latest news from Rask
Like what you see? Get it in the mail
Want to level-up your analytical skills and investing insights but don’t know where to start? We can help. Join 44,000+ Australian investors receiving the Rask Investor Club newsletter and we’ll send you our favourite podcasts, courses, resources, investment articles and podcasts every week. Delivered to your inbox every week. Grab a coffee and let the Rask team bring you the best investment insights every week.