Kids cost how much?!
In today’s episode, Kate Campbell chats with Ana Kresina about her brand new book, Kids Ain’t Cheap: How to plan financially for parenthood and your family’s future. Ana talks about all the things you should consider before having kids, the big costs involved, navigating child care and parental leave and having conversations with your partners.
Topics we covered:
- How did you financially prepare for having your first child?
- Did you redo your budget for the additional costs/reduction in income?
- The big question is, how much does it cost to raise a child?
- What are some of the most significant costs associated with kids?
- What were the things you wish you knew at the start, as a parent of two looking back?
- How did you tackle the challenging conversations with a partner about sharing costs, time off work, caring for a child, etc.?
- How has having children shifted your own financial goals and priorities?
- Costs and challenges of childcare
- Are there any good resources (besides your excellent book) for new & expectant parents on these topics?
About Ana Kresina
Ana Kresina is the parent of two small children and a financial educator who works in the financial technology sector. She is the co-host of Australia’s leading podcast, Get Rich Slow Club, and has just published her first book, Kids Ain’t Cheap: How to plan financially for parenthood and your family’s future.