What’s happening in the Australian job market right now?
SEEK senior economist Matt Cowgill gives Kate Campbell an update on wage growth and how to earn more, the unemployment rate & the future of work.
Some of the topics we cover include:
- With the announcement of another interest rate hike, are you able to discuss the rising cost of living and what that means for the job market?
- How has wage growth changed over time? Any standout industries? How does wage growth change during uncertain times?
- The top industries and jobs over the past 25 years: what are some of the highest-earning industries over the next decade?
- Are we changing jobs more? What impact does this have on the workforce?
- The biggest changes to the way we work over the past 25 years
- What does the data say Australians want in a job?
- Has the emphasis on tertiary qualifications lessened over time?
- What are some of the biggest trends shaping the future of work?