Australian Business Podcast episode #5 is now live on the Rask network: Australian small business experts you want on your team.
In this episode, I — Owen Rask, founder of The Rask Group — dive into the following business topics:
- Business names, and how to get one
- ABNs versus ACNs – and which one you need
- The difference between copyright and trademark in Australia
- Bookkeepers – and how much bookkeepers charge
- Accountants – what they do and how much accountants charge
- Lawyers – do I need a lawyer for my small business?
- Technology professionals and why I’d avoid building a custom website
- How to save on business design costs with Canva & freelancer/Fiverr
Before you do anything, make sure your business’ web domain is available by searching for it on crazydomains.com.au. Even if you don’t want a website right now you may as well pay the $15 or $30 to secure the web address.
You can download our business plan template on Rask Education.
Please note: if you’re confused about business ‘structures’, like companies, trusts, “sole trader”, etc. that’ll be covered in episode 7 of The Australian Business Podcast — but it’s available right now in our free business course.
Love the Australian Business Podcast? Let me know about it by leaving a review on Apple or Spotify.
If you want to help me out with the course, right now the best thing you can do is subscribe and review this podcast in Apple or Spotify. Please use the “Ask a question” menu link on the Rask websites, or leave your questions in the Apple Reviews.