Will Australian house prices crash in 2022? Are Sydney and Melbourne property prices about to collapse? What does a recession mean to my CBA shares or ASX 200 (INDEXASX: XJO) ETF!? We’ve heard a lot of headlines calling for property prices to fall 10%, 20% or even 30% in 2022 thanks to rising interest rates and inflation. But what does it all mean?
Pete Wargent is Australia’s leading property expert and co-founder of Buyersbuyers.com.au, a platform connecting property buyers and investors to approved buyer’s agents.
In this podcast episode on The Australian Investors Podcast, Owen Rask and Pete Wargent talk about a wide range of the most important economic data points, topics and headlines catching the attention of investors in property, shares, bonds and private companies.
- Is Pete Wargent scared about falling property prices?
- What does a recession mean for stocks, property or even crypto?
- What is the CAPE ratio and what is it telling us?
- Do Aussie banks have safeguards in place?
- Will rising interest rates cripple Australian shares?
- Should I keep investing in a diversified portfolio of index funds if interest rates rise?
- The 10-year economic outlook for stocks, bonds and property
- Is property an inflation hedge?
- Earnings season: is the stock market overconfident?
- Could interest rates hit 3%? A look at the rate curve.
As you can see, this podcast was loaded with economic data points and topical issues. But Owen Rask & Pete Wargent do a fantastic job of keeping the conversation punchy, concise and fun — all that in just 40 minutes on The Australian Investors Podcast.
You’ll find all of the resources and links above.