Part 2/5 of the Passive Income series on The Australian Investors Podcast features Owen Rask and Drew Meredith, CFP.
Owen and Drew make the case for bonds, why owning term deposits works and explore the world of “alternative defensive” assets.
Listen to the Podcast
Video version available now
Topics covered in Part 1 include:
- What are the 3 most common types of bonds (and bond funds) and what’s their place in a portfolio?
- 5 factors to know when studying a bond fund
- Are hybrids, or ETFs like BetaShares Active Australian Hybrid Securities Fund (ASX: HBRD), worth investing in?
- Commercial real estate debt
- Fixed-income ETFs like Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest ETF (ASX: VAF)
- REITs, like Goodman Group (ASX: GMG)
- Cash or term deposits (TDs), for example with Macquarie Bank
- Drew’s favourite bond managers
- Active versus passive in bonds
- Warren Buffett’s 90/10 (stocks/bonds) strategy – does it work?