When you’ve spent a lifetime building up your property portfolio, how do you retire? When you have 2 or 5 or more properties, how should you manage that for ongoing income and rental yield?
In the final episode [5/5] of Rask’s Property Investor podcast mini-series on The Australian Investors Podcast, featuring Owen Rask and Wealthful founder and mortgage broker Chris Bates, we tackle the topic of transitioning out of a property portfolio.
Watch it now on YouTube
Listen on your favourite podcast app
In episode five, Chris Bates and Owen Rask discuss how a property portfolio can be ‘rolled off’ into retirement in a way that minimises the impacts of ‘sequencing risk and falling property prices. The investors discuss:
- How should you transition from a property heavy portfolio
- Should you shift your residential property portfolio to shares or commercial property?
- When should you put a property retirement plan in place?
- Can a property portfolio be a source of income in retirement?
- Is it bad to have a mortgage or investment loan in retirement?
- How property mixes with your other buckets of investments: Super, offset accounts, shares and bonds
Take Owen’s brand new Value Investor Program, which gives you all the tools and knowledge you need to invest successfully in companies, including valuation spreadsheets, investing checklists and ASX company case studies. Get $100 off at checkout using the code: VALUEINVESTOR.
Join The Intelligent Investor & save
This podcast is brought to you by The Intelligent Investor, Australia’s premier investment research membership service. Use the code “RASK”, to get $100 off your annual membership or get a free 15-day trial (no credit card details required):
➜ Join the discussion on Twitter
Date recorded: 8th of April 2022