In this episode of The Australian Finance Podcast, Kate Campbell and Owen Rask talk about debt, including BNPL, credit cards, consumer loans, HECs and home loans, and provide strategies for managing debt.
You can subscribe to The Australian Finance Podcast, one of Australia’s top 5 finance podcasts, using the links below. You’ll get 2 podcasts every week, diving deep into important finance and investing topics.
Listen now: Apple Podcasts, Spotify, YouTube & Castbox
This episode of The Australian Finance Podcast is part of our starter pack series, where we share money stuff that changes your life!
Getting out of the cycle of debt (think BNPL, credit cards and personal loan) is a critical factor in taking control of your financial future. It’s hard to invest in the future when you have the debts of your past pulling you backwards.
In this episode Kate & Owen explore some of the different types of consumer debt products to be aware of, strategies for getting out of debt and some of the important resources available to help you get the bank off your back.
Episode transcript: click here
Join Rask & save $100!
- Find a financial counsellor: call 1800 007 007 or find one in your area
- Gambling Helpline on 1800 858 858 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- BeyondBlue: call 1300 22 4636
- Small Business Support Line: call 1800 413 828
- Financial Counselling Australia – National Voice for Financial Counselling
- Financial counselling explained (and how it can help)
- BeyondBlue: Financial Wellbeing Hub
- MoneySmart: Managing Debt
- Financial Abuse – National Debt Helpline
- COVID19 Financial Survival Guide – National Debt Helpline
- Ep. 73. The Role of a Financial Counsellor
- Ep 131. 5 Reasons Not to Invest (and What You Should Do Instead) – Rask Australia
- Ep 117. Got a $3k tax return? 5 simple things we’d do with our tax money – Rask Australia
- Ep 126. Ben’s Story: Changing the course of your financial life (for the better) – Rask Australia
- Jeff’s Story: The slippery slope into credit card debt (and out again)
- Ep 90. Listener Story: Moving countries, paying off debt and increasing your income
- Ep 91. Dean’s Story: Paying off student debt, staying humble & working hard