BHP Group Ltd (ASX: BHP) has paid the biggest dividends of any company over the past 3 years. Think about all of those BHP franking credits!
BHP’s Chief Financial Officer David Lamont recently sat down with Rask’s Chief Investment Officer Owen Rask to discuss:
- BHP’s past, present and future
- The BHP capital allocation framework and acquisition criteria
- The major emerging commodity groups like potash and copper, and the opportunity within the existing segments of iron ore and coal
- Sustainability and more efficient mining practices
- What it takes move the dial at ‘The Big Australian’
- David’s combined lessons learned at CSL Limited (ASX: CSL) and BHP
About David Lamont
David has more than 30 years’ global financial experience working across a diverse range of industries, including mining.
Prior to his appointment as BHP’s Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in December 2020, David was the CFO of ASX-listed global biotech company CSL Limited. He has also held the positions of CFO and Executive Director at Minerals and Metals Group and has previously served as CFO for several other multinational public companies, including OZ Minerals Limited (ASX: OZL), PaperlinX Limited (ASX: PPX) and Incitec Pivot Ltd (ASX: IPL).